How does Facial Fat transfer Work?
As you age your face develops wrinkles and loss of fat pads and the support of the facial soft tissues causes drooping or redundant skin. The Facial Fat tissues gradually shrink and loose volume. A natural method is now available, which is to replace the lost volume. It is the best and natural method to inject your own fat under the skin where the originally fat pads were before. Your face contour would be restored and you would be able to turn the clock back 10-15 years.
Facial fat transfer “Fat Grafting” can play the greatest role in creating a more youthful facial appearance and a balanced harmonious facial contour.
How is a fat grafting procedure performed?
Having patient been evaluated and determined that there are sufficient excess fat sites for fat grafting, then Fat is harvested from those areas of your own body. The donor sites mostly are thigh, around the knees or even abdomen if necessary. The fat would be washed and purified, and then carefully reinjected with specially designed needles into the areas that need augmentation.
Is fat grafting permanent?
Depends on the technique, and quality of the fat tissue from donor site, fat grafting would become part of your own body fat and last many years. It may be necessary to repeat the fat grafting procedure to achieve the desired result.
Your initial consultation appointment
During your initial consultation with Dr Ray, you will have the opportunity to discuss what you want to achieve. Dr Ray will evaluate you as a candidate for fat grafting and would explain what fat grafting technique can do for you. During consultation, he also explains about the alternative techniques such as fillers, PRP, laser treatments too.
It is important to be completely honest and clear about your goals during the consultation. Bring several photos of yourself at an earlier age; they may serve as a good point of reference for discussing your goals. Dr Ray will do medical evaluation at the time of consultation too. You would need be prepared to answer the intake form questions:
Prior medical history,
- Medication list including herbal supplements and allergy list.
- Prior surgeries cosmetics and non-cosmetics, outcome and possible complications
- History of scar and Keloid formation
- current use of alcohol, tobacco and recreational drugs
- What is your chief motivation in undergoing fat grafting?
- Your concerns and goals and what you would like to see improved.
- Take photos for your medical record, measure your face and use computer imaging to show you improvements you can expect.
- Evaluate your general health as well as your skin.
- Dr Ray then would discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment, likely outcomes, including risks or potential complications.
- Details on the type of topical anesthesia that will be used.
Questions to ask your cosmetic medicine physician, Dr Ray.
- Make the most informed and intelligent decisions about your procedure.
- Make your initial consultation as productive as possible.
- Understand your options, potential outcomes and risks.
A list of questions although you can ask any other concerns or questions you may have.
Am I a good candidate for fat transfer?
- Are the expectations reasonable and realistic?
- Review the fat transfer before-and-after photos
- Look at the patients’ reviews
- Potential scars.
- Type of anesthesia
- Costs associated with the procedure
- What you should do to achieve the best results. Post care instructions
- Recovery period expected and when you can resume normal activities
- The risks and complications associated with my procedure
- Other options as alternative for fat transfer and if the results are not optimal, what would be the possible options.
What is the cost of Fat Grafting?
The cost of Fat Grafting depends on many factors. The process starts with removing fat from unwanted area of your body such as abdomen, thigh. The fat tissue must be processed and prepared through specialized techniques to improve the survival rate and lasting results. The cost would involve the cost of liposuction and fat injection. There are many factors involved in determining the cost and that would be explained during your initial consultation with Dr Ray.
Therefore Dr. Ray at Elite Medical Aesthetics of Rocklin, recommends you to take advantage of the free with no obligation consultation and have an estimate for your fat grafting procedure.
Ready to get started?
Ready to learn more about Face fat Grafting (Fat Transfer) and find out if you are a good candidate? Call 916 500-2474 to schedule a consultation with Dr Ray at Elite Medical Aesthetics, Rocklin or fill out the request for consultation form.